In this method, FlexPay doesn't communicate with your payment gateway. Instead, your CRM calls FlexPay via API and provides details of a transaction that has declined on its native gateway. FlexPay analyzes the provided payload and responds immediately with a recommendation on when to retry that transaction in the future. Let's go over this integration step-by-step.
- A merchant attempts to rebill a customer, but the transaction is declined by the gateway.
- The merchant sends details about the declined transaction to FlexPay, along with the decline code and decline message from the Gateway.
- FlexPay reviews the transaction details. If the transaction was not approved and the recovery engine determines the transaction is recoverable, it sends a response back with the best date and time to retry the transaction.
- The merchant schedules the transaction and retries on the date and time provided by FlexPay.
- The transaction is resubmitted to the gateway.
The process continues until there is a successful recovery, a hard decline, or FlexPay no longer considers the transaction recoverable.
Follow this link to access the API reference page.