Once an Account has been created and all its properties (companies, gateways and API keys) have been set-up, the final step is to run test transactions to validate the account performs as it is supposed to. These tests will typically be conducted on the Production account but can also be tested on the test account. We advise you to run transactions to test for successful charges, authorizations, and declines as well as receiving next retry attempt date.
Follow these steps to perform transactions.
1. Log into your FlexPay account from https://client.flexpay.io
2. At the top right of the header, click on "All companies" to see a drop-down list of all your associated companies. Select the company you wish to create a transaction for (example, Testing Company in the below screen shot). You can also use the search bar to locate a company.
3. Once you have selected a company, in the left navigation menu, under PAYMENTS, select Transactions.
4. On the Transactions page, if the button is not highlighted green, this means that a company had not been selected. A company must be selected as shown above. The below image shows the “Create Payment” button being grayed out if a company had not been selected.
5. Click the “Create Payment” button, which will take you to “Create a Payment” page. The payment and transaction details on that page are required fields in order to perform a test transaction. Fill out the Payment Details, Transaction Details, Gateway Specific Fields, Billing Address, and Shipping Address fields. All fields with an asterisk are required and must be completed. For full descriptions of all fields, refer to the FlexPay Glossary.
Transactions should be tested in "Live Mode" once setup is complete to ensure all systems are connecting correctly. See Sandbox vs Live Environment Mode for further explanation.