This guide is required for enabling a FlexPay decline salvage to operate with Konnektive CRM. It will send only declined transactions to FlexPay. This guide will use the text ‘Decline Salvage’ and ‘Recycle Billing’ interchangeably as Konnektive uses the term Recycle Billing on its portal.
Before We Get Started
This guide requires you have your FlexPay account already setup including your companies and payment gateways added. If you have not done this, please, view Quickstart Guide on our support page, contact your account relationship manager, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Generating API Keys on FlexPay
1. Please, first acquire your unique API keys from the FlexPay website by logging into your account. Navigate to Admin > Account settings > Integrations to generate or use existing API Keys. Repeat this for each company you have. Make a note of each of these keys as they are encrypted so they cannot be accessed later.
Adding the FlexPay Merchant ID
2. Go to the Konnektive website https://crm.konnektive.com/ and sign in. Expand the “Merchants” tab drop down menu on the left side and then click on the “MID List”.
3. Now to the far right of the Merchants list click the Green “+” Button on the right side of the screen to add a MID.
4. Now enter a MID Title. In this case we can call it “FlexPay MID”. Now select FlexPay from the “Gateway” dropdown. Enter your FlexPay API Key underneath this in the Konnektive field “apikey”.
5. Under Customer Service, set the options for this MID. These options are primarily used for Confirmation Emails:
Phone #: The customer service phone number that customers should call related to this mid
6. Under Additional Options and Accepted Payment:
Enabled: Whether or not to allow any sales on the MID. When this box is deselected, no sales are allowed to process against the MID
Block Pre-Paid: Whether or not to allow prepaid cards to process against the MID. If checked, prepaid cards will be blocked
Block Debit Cards: Whether or not to allow debit cards to process against the mid. If checked, debit cards will be blocked
eCheck: check this if your gateway allows eCheck transactions
MasterCard: check this if your gateway allows Master Cards
Visa: check this if your gateway allows Visa Cards
Amex: Check this if your gateway allowed American Express Cards
Discover: Check this if your gateway allowed Discover
7. Fill in any other needed fields. When you are finished with your setup, click the Green “Create Mid” button.
Editing Konnektive Recycle Billing
You will need a list of your FlexPay supported MIDs (Merchant accounts) before starting. This does not include the FlexPay Portal MID we created. This only includes the MIDs that have transactions you want handled by FlexPay.
8. Expand the “Merchants” tab drop down menu on the left side and then click on the “Recycle Billing”.
9. Now click the Green “+” Button on the right side of the screen to add a Decline Salvage Profile.
10. Ensure the “Bill on Fridays” option is DESELECTED. FlexPay cannot function properly with this enabled on Konnektive.
11. Under the “Apply to Merchants” setting while holding the “Ctrl” key click on all the FlexPay supported MIDs in your list. The decline salvage will only apply to these accounts.
12. Under “Basic Salvage Rules” check off the “Skip” option on “Re-Attempts 1 – 3” numbered 1-3. Under “Extended Salvage Rules” continue checking off Attempts numbered 5-9. It is important to leave Attempt numbered 4 as UNCHECKED to allow FlexPay’s Decline Salvage machine learning to take over after it is sent there.
13. Under “Extended Salvage Rules” for “Re-Attempts 4 – 6” select the “Merchant” option and change it to the FlexPay Mid we created.
14. For Attempt 4 set the “Price Reduction” as “0” and the Wait Period as “1” Days. Leave attempt 4 as the only attempt as unchecked “Skip”.
15. Scroll down the page and click on the Green “Create Profile” button.
16. Ensure to check your other Decline Salvage Profiles. Do not have any of the MIDs supported by FlexPay in your other lists. That may very likely prevent FlexPay’s Decline Salvage from functioning properly. It is important to have no overlap in these Decline Salvage Profiles.
We have completed setting up FlexPay to run decline salvage on your Konnektive CRM account.
If ANY of these steps are unclear, please, email us for assistance at: email@example.com